Why Hunt Rancho Vedado?
- Harvest Management 11+ years
- Supplemental Protein Feeding 8+ years
- Steaks, Bar-B-Q, Homemade local dishes and Desserts – Our Food is 1st Class!
- No Middleman, no outfitter charges – you book directly with owners and operators
- Hunts are semi-guided or guided (your choice), we can tailor the hunt to your preferences
- Great lodge with “Old West” style and a GREAT VIEW – Great Accommodations
- 2800 sq. ft. lodge has three private bedrooms, three bathrooms, plus a bunk room that sleeps five (2 double and 1 single bunk)
- Steaks cooked to perfection over the open fire, under a “billion” stars
- Brisket and Ribs in front of the big-screen TV
- Relax at the Javalina Cantina (our western saloon) with a cold one
- Billiards, Horseshoes, Big-screen LCD TVs, Large campfire pit, Target Range, Washers
About Rancho Vedado
Located in Irion County near Mertzon, Texas, Rancho Vedado is 4,000 acres of rim-rocked hills, mesquite flats, live oak and cedar. Rancho Vedado is still operated by descendants of Richard Franklin Tankersley, Frontier Texas Ranger, 1st Settler, Cattleman, Trail Driver. Our area is rich in history and heritage, along the edge of the Balcones escarpment, deep in Irion county near the town of Mertzon, a truly unique location for hunting Texas Whitetail and Rio Grande Turkey.
We provide the best of open range and high fence hunting. Most of our clients know us for our 90% plus success ratio on our Whitetail and Rio Grande Turkey hunts. Included in our Whitetail package is a “Rattling Session.” Go rattling with one of our experienced guides for the ultimate hunting thrill, then you’ll understand why we say, “SHOOT OR BE TRAMPLED!!!”
Rancho Vedado also offers exotic hunts for non-native game. Add to your trophy room with the rare Scimitar Horned Oryx, the elusive Axis Deer, Desert Moulflon Rams, and the wiley Black Buck Antelope.
Why people hunt Vedado – IT’S THE ACTION !! It is not uncommon to see 30 to 40 different rack bucks (6 pts or better) on a 3 ½ day hunt. Plus, you just never know what might walk by. Maybe a family of Javelinas, or some rio grande turkey, jackrabbits, bobcats, fox and more. There’s never “down” time at Vedado!
Not your normal “Lodge Food” – We treat our hunters to Smoked Ribs, Pulled Pork, Mexican dishes, and local fare. All are prepared on site. Sometimes we’ll smoke a prime rib, or cook steaks on the fire pit, and we’ll top it off with homemade local dishes and pies.
Our Happy Hour at the “Javelina Cantina” is always festive. We treat our hunters to our famous tasty home-made Apres-Hunt appetizers. There’s music, big screen tv, and one evening we’ll make you some homemade Margaritas, on the house, of course.
We’ll pitch washers and play pool, and set up a tournament if you like, complete with prizes. A great place for a fun group !